Hi. I am sorry you are experiencing this aggression with your boy. Firstly, has he been sterelised? How old was he when he was attacked by the 2 jack russels? What exactly happened with the child that he snapped at? Was he fine before the jack russel attack? Was he socialised as a puppy and if yes how old was he when you started to notice his aggressive behaviour? Why did you get him when he was so young? How old is the new puppy?
To answer your questions:
1) No he has not been sterillised
2) He was about 2 years +- when he was attacked by the jack russels
3) When he bit the child, we were all outside, they were playing with each other for a couple of hours without trouble, I turned my back for less than a second and he just snapped, for no reason. He just waited for me to to turn.
4) We cant really say he was fine before the attack , because he never really came into contact with children or dogs.
5) He grew up with cats , but never came in contact with other dogs / children.
6) His mother got hit by a car, and the owners ask if we were prepared to take him early as the mother was dying, and cant feed the pups.
7) The new puppy is 7 weeks
Hope this answers your questions.
Hi. Firstly you need to have him sterelised asap. It will not sort the problem out but it may not make it worse. I also recommend you give me a call as even though you have answered the questions I cannot with a good conscience give you a home fix, not when a child is involved. I need to come and do an assessment of him. Even if you don't get me in please give me a call so that I can ask you more questions concerning your answers. I hope you understand. If you have a landline no you can sms it to me on 0798837566 and I will call you back otherwise you can call me on my cell. Hope to chat soon.
I have awesome news... it's going GREAT!!! :) After introducing the little one to him a couple of times and standing with them and I kept on talking to him to be careful and that he mustn't hurt the little girl things got much better.
They are now best of friends and play with each other the entire day long without any aggression or problems. We even feel so comfortable that we leave them to play with out supervision :D
I think our boy gave in and saw that the little girl isn't that bad and they can even be friends rather that enemies hehe.
Thanks so much for you help and advice it is much appreciated. We will let you know should there be anything else.
Kind Regards and thanks again
Johan & Esmaree Jordaan
Please register/login to answer this question.