Max (also known as "Pete") was rescued by a poor, old lady in Eerste River who looks out for all the strays in her area. He had been roaming the streets for weeks and had stones hurled at him by residents. Max was bullied and tormented by the neighbourhood that he inhabited until the kind lady managed to finally win his trust and take him into her care. Read more...
The Uitsig Animal Rescue reports: "We got a call from a supporter living in Wellington on the 11th of January. Nothing prepared us for what we saw:
Trotting over the road was a mommy and her two pups, on their way to drink some dirty water on the side of the road. Sitting watching them was their owners – people of their community, eating, laughing and chatting as if nothing was wrong.
We saw a mommy dog in a state, but what got to us was her puppies they didn't even look like dogs. Read more...
I must be honest, I thought this couldn't be, but I am alive, I feel light, i feel love and I have hope! I am still scared and unsure but my whole body folds up in curls and twirls with excitement when I feel just the softest hand caress my crusted head. My hair is growing and I have 'bum-fluff' all over, my skin is soft and without any burns with just a few itches but so I will learn. Read more...
Just a short update on Chrissie and a few new pics showing that she is getting better each day. Please continue supporting the Lucky Lucy Foundation and Uitsig Animal Rescue they need all the help they can get to cover the cost of Chrissie`s and many other dogs wellbeing and rehabilitation. Read more...
We at Uitsig Animal Rescue Centre can't do what we do without the support of volunteers. Volunteers are a vital part of our animal rescue centre and we need you to help us show our rescues a little compassion, understanding, love, affection and of course, to help exercise them.
One of the hardest and most challenging aspects of our rescue centre is to find volunteers willing to foster an animal in need. A network of foster homes is essential to both the animals and our rescue centre.
A foster home is a temporary home where an animal gets a chance to develop, socialise and grow within a safe and nurturing home environment. Foster homes are needed for animals used to a family environment that are not managing in kennels, for animals recuperating from operations and for puppies that require bottle feeding in the occasional instances where the puppies are rescued without their mom. Read more
20 dogs have been sterilized on Days 1 of African Tails Mass Sterilization Campaing in Joe Slovo on the 17th of January 2011! Many more sterilisations will be done during the next two days...
Please donate to the Uitsig Animal Rescue Centre, Standard Bank, Business Cheque Account, Acc No: 41 051 445 4, Milnerton Branch: 02 65 09
- The Uitsig Animal Rescue Needs Your Help!
- And The Winner is...
- Our FurKidz Behaviourist!
- Caspian Alexander Trust Calendar
- FurKidz at the WODAC
- Cinderella's fairy tail - update!
- Zorro is finally home!
- Update: Celine & Luz
- Introducing: The Lucky Lucy Foundation
- Barnyard Brak Boogie is a HIT!
- Update on Prince Charming...
- Good News: All Puppies are in Foster Homes!
- Spring Reunion Party raised R2500
- LEAPS Bingo Night raised R78 802!
- Uitsig Animal Rescue`s Therapy Animals
- Rozy says THANK YOU!
- Cinderella's fairy tail - begins!
- Relieving News, almost...
- Charities can apply for a slice of R4m
- Pet by-law not the end of the world
- Prince PUPDATE No. 3
- Forest .. a PUPDATE
- The South African Pet-friendly Directory 6th Edition
- An update on the Louwville initiative
- This is the tale of Forest ..
- PUPDATE! Chance, our FurKid in need …
- PRINCE PUPDATE # 2 – WE HAVE SECURED FUNDS FOR HIS OP!
- PRINCE PUPDATE
- Chance... a FurKid in NEED!
- Special Foster Program for "Golden Oldies"
- Cape Town Animal Shelters benefit from the Winter Blanket Drive
- Donate to DARG!
- For our Johannesburg readers: PET PERMITS
- African Tails tackles the Boland!
- FurKidz in the News ;-)
- Become a Home Inspector!
- Purz and Paws
- Township Dog Training Initiative
- Books, Long Sleeve Soccer shirts & Mother's Day gift idea
- Tail Trails Website is live
- Linmar Dog & Bird Behaviour & Training Courses
- Mdzananda Animal Clinic Book Sale
- Saints Gift Idea
- Port St Johns Animal Welfare Initiative