If you are looking for a furry best friend, have a look at the beauties at the Hermanus Animal Welfare Society. Click here to see them all and call 028 312 1281 or 071 801 2333 for more information.
Hermanus Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) support the use of natural food for your dogs and on their website you can find does and donts as well as inexpensive and healthy recipes! Check out this delicious Peanut Butter Treats, you will be tempted to try them yourself!
Peanut Butter Puppy Treats
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1-cup peanutbetter (chunky or smooth)
- 1-cup milk
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl mix peanut butter and milk, and then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll dough to a ¼ inch thickness and use any cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Bake for 15 minutes on a greased baking sheet or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and store in a airtight container. These cookies are very yum for puppies but they do burn easily so keep a eye on the oven! Make these cookies for your dog with the holidays so your furry friend will have a delicious Christmas as well!
When it comes to food you don't have to buy the most expensive dog food available. In fact, providing balanced and nutritious food can be very cheap if you use natural ingredients and prepare them yourself. Just think about it: why should we feed our pets canned and processed food when we as humans are trying to avoid these ourselves? When chosing natural ingredients just bare in mind that the following items are toxic and should never be given to a dog: grapes and raisins, chocolate, sugar and sweets, caffeinated products, macadamia nuts, yeast dough, alcohol, fruit pips and seeds and moldy and rotten foods of all kinds.
Dogs use different movements of their bodies and body parts and different vocalizations to express their emotions. There are a number of ways a dog can communicate its feelings. There are movements of the ears, eyes, eyebrows, mouth, nose, head, tail, and entire body, as well as barks, growls, whines and whimpers, and howls.
To me, one of the greatest forms of dog communication is to see a happy doggy smile, here are my most favourite smiles of dogs at the Animal Anti Cruelty League in Bellville. Just look at these 8 smiling beauties...
..can you really resist these babies?
It does not matter which one you prefer most, but please visit them soon and give them the chance to win you over!
Animal Anti Cruelty League Bellville
Have a look at these adorable puppies! PetPals, a registered animal rescue organisation, is currently trying their best to find homes for these unplanned, special crossbreeds. They might still be very young but their life has already been full of troubles. Their amazing mommy took great care of them, but she was unfortunately killed when they were only 3 weeks old.
These puppies (2 boys and 7 girls) are now 6 weeks old and in desperate need of their own loving permanent homes. They are happy, healthy and playful, and they enjoy their cuddles. We presume they might grow into medium size dogs. The puppies have been treated for fleas, and they were de-wormed and vaccinated. PetPals has an adoption form that needs to be completed.
For more info please contact Pet Pals on 021 854 6317 they are located in Strand.
PETS is a non-profit, pro-active and pro-life animal rescue organization. They don’t wait for animals in need to come to them; but spend every free minute in the townships looking for animals in need of help.
This is just a small display of a few of the cats in P.E.T.S foster care. Click here to see all their FurKidz, dogs and cats, waiting for a forever home. Every animal is unique, and matches different types of people. There will definitely be the perfect one for you!
The Animal Welfare Society Stellenbosch was founded in 1956. Since this year they try to help homeless, stray and unwanted dogs and cats to find a new fur-ever home. If you are thinking of getting a new fluffy friend visit them and make one pet happier.
Before taking your new companion home, ask yourself: What does my dog needs to be happy? Here is an overview of the absolute basic things each dog needs:
1. Clean Water
A healthy dog/cat needs access to plenty of cold and clean water. Without a certain amount of fresh water your FurKidz will get ill. Unlike your dog's food consumption, you don't have to monitor your animal's water consume on a daily basis, he will generally drink enough to maintain a proper level of body fluids.
Don't be niggardly with buying your dog's food because this is one of the most important decision you make and has a huge influence on your dog's healthand in turn your vet bills.
3. Physical & Mental Exercise
Just like humans, dogs need physical exercise, take your your dog for a walk at least once a day for an hour (depending on his age, medical condition etc.) or split it the walk up into various shorter trips. Try to find new areas to walk in and give your dog the opportunity to smell and see new things on a regular basis. Challenge them, they will love you for it. Teach them a trick, "hide" healthy and natural treats somewhere or play a game, so your dog has a task. Always remember: A tired dog is a happy dog.
Just visit the the AWS Stellenbosch and they will help you to find your new furry friend!
|Animal Welfare Society Stellenbosch|
|Devon Valley Rd|
Lots and lots of adorable cats and dogs are waiting for you at the Animal Welfare Society Helderberg in Gordon's Bay. These 12 smily faces are just a few of the over 200 FurKidz longing for homes. Click on their picture to find out more about them, or click here to see all the FurKidz waiting for homes in Gordon's Bay.
For more information about one of these sweethearts, please call Julia on 082 725 4213 or the adoption office on 021 856 5549.
"Animals are not our whole life, but they make our lifes whole."
Have a look at those eight dogs of AWS Helderberg in Gordon's Bay. Aren't they adorable? So different in character, look, age and size. One of their over hundred dogs will definitely be the perfect match for you, no matter if you are a sporty, lazy, old or young person! This is just a small display of HAWS doggies, click here to see them all! They are just waiting for you to come and visit them and their friends!
It is an exciting experience chosing your new best friend and taking him home. Here are a few tips to make your new doggy fell welcome and at home.
- Your dog will explore everything, so the first step before you bring your new friend home is to puppy-proof your house. This means that you should place shoes inside closets, put electrical cords out of reach and move any expensive or valuable items out of puppies way.
- When you bring your pup home walk him around your garden first and wait until he relieves himself. Pick a special place and encourage him to potty there. You have to be patient because it may take 10 or 15 minutes. Always praise warmly when he relieves himself in an approved spot.
- Next, enter the house and show him around. If he is already used to a lead, keep him on it for the first moments, so you can stop him immediately if he starts doing something you don't want - such as lifting his leg, chewing on a chair leg, jumping on the couch. If he lifts his leg, give him a quick leash correction (yank on the leash and release) and tell him “No” to disrupt the action then take him outside immediately. Praise him with warm words or a treat if he is going to the right place.
After the house tour, take him outside to potty again. Be sure to take him to the same spot.
Remember, your dog will be excited and anxious about his new home. Don’t be surprised about panting and pacing, housetraining accidents, excessive drinking or chewing, or gastric upset during the first few hours. Tell every member of you family to resist the temptation to overwhelm a new dog. Give him some time and space to get settled. Dogs thrive on routine, it will take about 3 weeks for your new companion to fully settle in and feel at home.
Fact: Housetraining problems are the top reason people give up dogs. But as long as you are consistent and provide training your dog will adjust and all housetraining issues can be sorted out.
- Featured FurKidz: Every life is precious
- Introducing a new cat to your cat
- Featured FurKidz: Ark Animal Center
- Featured FurKidz: Black and tan beauties at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Still searching for your perfect match?
- Featured FurKidz: TEARS - Animal Rescue
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Time to Russel up a Good Story
- Featured FurKidz @ Kitty and Puppy Haven
- Featured FurKidz: FORA - Friends of rescued animals
- Featured FurKidz: Hartis Sweethearts
- Featured FurKidz: Brilliant AACL Bellville
- Featured FurKidz: Ark Animal Centre
- Featured FurKidz: Epping Furry Friends
- Featured FurKidz: Stellenbosch Companions
- Handsome Harvey Needs a Home
- Our Loyal Protectors: The White Shepherd
- Featured FurKidz: Active & Vivacious Dogs at DARG
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Sweethearts
- Featured FurKidz: Companions at FORA
- Featured FurKidz: New Canines at Helderberg
- Featured FurKidz : Even Sweeter
- Featured Furkidz: The Lucky Lucy Foundation
- Featured FurKidz: A Cat's Prayer
- Featured FurKidz ;We are looking for YOU!!!!
- Featured Furkidz - Charlene needs your help!
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable cats need your help!
- Featured FurKidz: We are what you need!
- Featured Furkidz: Ark Animal Centre New Arrivals
- AACL Epping: From Us To You
- Featured Furkidz - HAWS: Take Us With You!
- Featured Furkidz - PETS: We Have A Dream
- A Home - That's What We Need
- Big Boys & Girls waiting for their saviours
- Featured Furkidz: 4 Paws' Cuties
- Featured FurKidz: Puppies in need for a new home
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Boys n' Girls at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Stellenbosch Sweethearts!
- Featured FurKidz: Baby Pups at Lucky Lucy!
- Today's Feature: Our Little Sausages
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Woofies
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Special Spaniels
- Featured FurKidz: New Faces at the AWS Philippi
- Featured FurKidz: Hermanus Animal Welfare
- Featured FurKidz: Boxer Babies Looking For Love!
- Featured FurKidz: AWS Helderberg's New Arrivals
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable Pups at AnimalAction
- Featured FurKidz: Lucky Lucy's KittyCats