HAWS ANIMAL ANTHEM
Some of us are young
Some of us are older
Some of us are shy and scared
While some of us are bolder
Some of us are independent
Some need extra care
Some of us will greet new people
A few of us say 'beware!'
Some of us have tons of energy
Some of us prefer the couch
Some of us like kids pulling on us
Others of us would say 'ouch!'
Some of us are big and fluffy
Some are small and frail
Some of us would love go on a walk
And some will get the mail
We are all unique- us dogs and cats
A different path we roam
Many sizes, shapes, and colors
But we all want a loving home
We lost our families and wait at HAWS
For someone to come along
To take us home and call us family
We want a place to belong
In the meantime we wait and wonder
Out here in the dust and sun
"Who will be my new best friend?"
Perhaps you'll be the one...
Check out all the new animals at Haartbeespoort Animal Welfare Society (HAWS) and call Salome or Tania on 076 455 0322 to find out more about one of them!
Visiting animal shelters can be very distressing for some people. They walk down the rows of kennels and all they see are sad faces looking up at them. They find it very difficult to choose the right animal for them and their family because they want to help all of the animals, which unfortunately is just not possible.
The Anti Animal Cruelty League of Bellville is a wonderful shelter to visit. The staff is very welcoming and the shelter's smaller size will make the adopting process less overwhelming for you. The layout is very simple so you will get a chance to give every animal the consideration they deserve. They also have lovely free-runs where you can spend time and get to know your potentially new companion.
You will not regret a visit to AACL Bellville and we wish you all the luck in finding your FurKid! We know you will find what you need!
For more information please contact Alma/Helen at the AACL in Bellville on 021 951 3010.
Here they are! All of these super sweet pups and dogs are looking forward to finding their forever home! They are sweet, playful and well socialized and adjused litte sweethearts, just have a look and you will fall in love with every single one of them! For more information about one of them and to visit, contact Ark Animal Centre on 082 334 7596 click here to see all their adorable boys and girls up for adoption.
Animal Anti-Cruelty League of Epping has many new arrivals, all of whom you should come visit and meet.
Why should you adopt a dog?
Because a dog will do his best to please you and keep you smiling. He will curl up with you when you are feeling down or need some serious relaxation. He won't hold your mistakes against you or prejudge you for your looks, faults or lack of know-how. He'll be your unconditional friend and will play ball with you as long as you wish. He'll forgive you for all your mistakes, never holding them against you later. Sleeping at your feet and loving to please you, he will enjoy just spending time with you. He'll do his best to protect you, because you will be his best friend for life!
Come find your furry companion and forever FurKid! Call Veronica or Lauren on 021 534 6426 for more information
Animal Welfare Society of Stellenbosch has many new dogs and puppies that are all adorable and are truly amazing canines. Every personality is unique and lovable and we know that they will all make excellent companions for you and your family.
Adopting a dog will save a life and will enrich another. You cannot replace the love and friendship that will grow between you and your four-legged furry friend.
Dogs found at dog shelters are some of the most loving and grateful to be rescued pals you will ever find. Many are there because of a death in the family, change in lifestyle, lack of interest, a family move that won't permit a dog and a host of other reasons that in no way impact on the desirability of the family dog that is now sitting in a cold kennel.
Come meet the dogs at Animal Welfare Society of Stellenbosch and we know that you will find your forever FurKid!
For more information, please contact the AWS on 021 886 4901
If you´re looking for the dog of your dreams look no further! Harvey is here! This 5 year old chow cross has perky ears and adoring eyes, he´s got love to share but, sadly, no one to give it to. You see, while you and I look at Harvey and see nothing but a wonderful dog, someone else thought differently.
Once upon a time Harvey had a home, a family, but his owner was unkind and left Harvey to fend for himself. All alone he survived for 6 months before he was discovered and brought to Wetnose. Harvey now has food in his belly and a safe place to sleep. He´s warm, he´s healthy. But Harvey knows there´s more to life than his kennel. He knows that his forever home is out there, waiting. And someone, someday, will stop by his kennel and fall in love.
Harvey deserves it, he loves people, he would never turn down a scratch behind the ears, and walks, he can hardly contain himself he loves walks! Harvey may not be a puppy, or a fancy breed, he knows these things. But what Harvey has is heart, he is a good dog who needs a family, one that will love him forever and never leave him behind.
Harvey stays at the Wetnose Animal Rescue Centre, please give them a call on 013 932 3941 or visit them in Rayton, Gauteng
White Shepherds are very confident, fearless and clever animals who love being around their human families. They are friendly and love to please their owners. As long as you are as dedicated to training them as they are to pleasing you, you will have an amazingly lovable and obedient family dog that will be loyal to you their whole lives!
Although there is some skepticism, White Shepherds are direct descendants of German Shepherds and look very similar except for the coloring. Their coloring comes from a recessive gene that some German Shepherds carry. White shepherds are very courageous, confident and intelligent dogs. They are extremely faithful and brave and will do anything to protect their human families. Because of their protective instinct white shepherds need to be socialized very well from puppyhood so they get used to other people and animals being around them and their families. White Shepherds are one of the smartest and most trainable dog breeds, but don't respond well to harsh training.
White shepherds are herding dogs, they need to be exercised daily, whether it is a long brisk walk, jogging or running beside your bike. Playing ball and Frisbee are favorites of theirs, incorporating this into your walk is not only a good way to tire them out quicker but it gives them a purpose.
Why don't you check out the White shepherds that are currently in our shelters, come and meet Polar, Dusty, Dakota and Chester! You won't regret making one of these gorgeous animals part of your family.
There are many good reasons to adopt a dog!
One reason is that your new best friend will help you exercise. When you get a dog, you have to play with him or her, take them out for walks, and make sure they get their necessary exercise. Which means that YOU are getting your necessary exercise as well! So by adopting a dog, you will be improving your own health while you are taking care of your dog! Come to DARG Domestic Animal Rescue Group in Hout Bay and find your loyal companion for a healthy and happy lifestyle.
The doggies above and below are only a handful of DARG dogs that are full of energy and are very playful! You will never be bored with these wonderful canines!
Stay healthy and have fun with your dogs!
For more information, please CLICK HERE.
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Sweethearts
- Featured FurKidz: Companions at FORA
- Featured FurKidz: New Canines at Helderberg
- Featured FurKidz : Even Sweeter
- Featured Furkidz: The Lucky Lucy Foundation
- Featured FurKidz: A Cat's Prayer
- Featured FurKidz ;We are looking for YOU!!!!
- Featured Furkidz - Charlene needs your help!
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable cats need your help!
- Featured FurKidz: We are what you need!
- Featured Furkidz: Ark Animal Centre New Arrivals
- AACL Epping: From Us To You
- Featured Furkidz - HAWS: Take Us With You!
- Featured Furkidz - PETS: We Have A Dream
- A Home - That's What We Need
- Big Boys & Girls waiting for their saviours
- Featured Furkidz: 4 Paws' Cuties
- Featured FurKidz: Puppies in need for a new home
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Boys n' Girls at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Stellenbosch Sweethearts!
- Featured FurKidz: Baby Pups at Lucky Lucy!
- Today's Feature: Our Little Sausages
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Woofies
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Special Spaniels
- Featured FurKidz: New Faces at the AWS Philippi
- Featured FurKidz: Hermanus Animal Welfare
- Featured FurKidz: Boxer Babies Looking For Love!
- Featured FurKidz: AWS Helderberg's New Arrivals
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable Pups at AnimalAction
- Featured FurKidz: Lucky Lucy's KittyCats
- Featured FurKidz: Husky Rescue Gauteng
- Featured FurKidz: KPH Cutie Pies!
- Featured FurKidz: AWS Stellenbosch Sweethearts
- Featured FurKidz: 2nd Chance Pups and Kittens!
- Featured FurKidz: Boys n' Girls at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Our Gentle Giants
- Featured FurKidz: Jumping Jacks
- Featured FurKid: Wetnose's Golden Oldies
- Featured FurKidz: PETS Puppies
- Featured FurKidz: Wrinkly Wonders
- Featured FurKidz: Golden Oldies
- Featured FurKidz: Bouncy Border Collies
- Featured FurKidz: All the better to hear you with
- Featured FurKidz: Wanted: A warm and loving lap
- Featured FurKidz: The Painted Dogs of Africa
- Featured FurKidz: Ginger Cats
- Featured FurKid: Our Stunning Shepherds
- Featured FurKidz: Tortoiseshell Cats