White Shepherds are very confident, fearless and clever animals who love being around their human families. They are friendly and love to please their owners. As long as you are as dedicated to training them as they are to pleasing you, you will have an amazingly lovable and obedient family dog that will be loyal to you their whole lives!
Although there is some skepticism, White Shepherds are direct descendants of German Shepherds and look very similar except for the coloring. Their coloring comes from a recessive gene that some German Shepherds carry. White shepherds are very courageous, confident and intelligent dogs. They are extremely faithful and brave and will do anything to protect their human families. Because of their protective instinct white shepherds need to be socialized very well from puppyhood so they get used to other people and animals being around them and their families. White Shepherds are one of the smartest and most trainable dog breeds, but don't respond well to harsh training.
White shepherds are herding dogs, they need to be exercised daily, whether it is a long brisk walk, jogging or running beside your bike. Playing ball and Frisbee are favorites of theirs, incorporating this into your walk is not only a good way to tire them out quicker but it gives them a purpose.
Why don't you check out the White shepherds that are currently in our shelters, come and meet Polar, Dusty, Dakota and Chester! You won't regret making one of these gorgeous animals part of your family.
There are many good reasons to adopt a dog!
One reason is that your new best friend will help you exercise. When you get a dog, you have to play with him or her, take them out for walks, and make sure they get their necessary exercise. Which means that YOU are getting your necessary exercise as well! So by adopting a dog, you will be improving your own health while you are taking care of your dog! Come to DARG Domestic Animal Rescue Group in Hout Bay and find your loyal companion for a healthy and happy lifestyle.
The doggies above and below are only a handful of DARG dogs that are full of energy and are very playful! You will never be bored with these wonderful canines!
Stay healthy and have fun with your dogs!
For more information, please CLICK HERE.
Wet Nose is a registered right to life organization, or in other words they are a pro-life shelter. All animals remain in their care until they find their forever homes. Wet Nose staff work hard to rehabilitate all abandoned, neglected and abused animals that come through their doors.
Time is spent with all the animals to help them overcome any problems that may have been developed from abuse. Many animals have been hurt badly by their previous experiences and Wet Nose works hard to show them a new way of life where they will be unconditionally loved and cared for.
On average they have about 80 adoptions a month, which is fabulous! However they still have around 320 dogs and 60 cats that dream of one day finding a loving family to take them home!
While the cats, dogs and even horses patiently a wait being reunited with their families or wait for a new family to take them home, they are well cared for by the Wet Nose staff. The onsite vets take care of any disease or injuries in the clinic, while kennel hands do everything from giving them hearty meals to cuddling with them. Volunteers come on a regular basis to take the dogs for long walks around the grounds as well.
Wet Nose was founded in 1999 by Tracy Forte. Tracy started out with a dream to ensure that healthy animals are given a second chance in life and to make sure they receive all the love and care they need until they find their happily ever after. They have re homed and reunited thousands of animals with families since then, some as far away as Australia and the United Kingdom!
For more information click here.
Although many go out looking for a specific breed at first, adopters should keep an open mind and explore the incredible world of crossbreeds. Shelters are filled with amazing mixed breed dogs and not only are crossbreeds far less likely to develop health issues, they generally live longer aswell. If you adopt a dog of mixed breed, it's essentially like getting two dog types and temperments in one.
For example, Dancer, a Sharpei and Labrador cross is an awesome choice of dog. Sharpeis are known for being aloof, quiet and good watchdogs and Labradors are famous for their friendly nature and easygoing way of life. The combination of these two breeds makes Dancer an all around great dog who would be the perfect addition to a family.
The span of crossbreeds is so immense and anyone willing to give them a chance will not be dissapointed! To see dogs like Dancer, found at FORA in Krugersdorp, and many many other fantastic dogs who are just waiting to be shown that they do matter and do deserve a loving home, check out the rest of the Furkidz animals. All the dogs have tons of love to give they just need to be given a chance. So keep your mind open to the many options and you will be certain to find a forever friend and loving companion!
For more information, please call FORA on 082 336 5568 or 011 665-9032. Click here to see more dogs at FORA looking for homes.
These adorable doggies have just arrived at Helderberg. They are scared and confused and need homes as soon as possible. They all get so excited when you interact with them; they just want to play and have some genuine human attention. Some tender, loving care is all these pups need. You will not regret it; they will bring joy and happiness to your household. They are truly deserving of loving homes.
For more information please contact HHAWS today!
When you see our new dogs & cats, they will melt your heart instantly. The animals at the animal welfare in Philippi, Cape Town are searching for new, loving homes. When you look into their eyes, you'll see confidence and hope, give them a second chance. The bond between dogs & humans has existed for thousands of years and won't be broken quickly. Give them a new home and you will never regret it.
For more Information click here
The Lucky Lucy Foundation is a Pro-life, Non-Profit Organization, which is not just a shelter, but also engages itself with people and animals in townships. Their vision is to build a society of non-violence, respect and empathy.
"Not confiscating and euthanizing but educating and sterilizing" is their motto. The main focus of LLF is to sterilize animals to prevent overpopulation, rather than eliminate the unwanted animals. They want to stop the torture of animals by developing empathy in the people. They motivate people from townships to bring their pets in for sterilization. As a reward, the Fondation gives them clothes and food for themselves and their animals. LLF shows the people how to treat animals with respect. They also teach the importance of sterilization, de-worming, vaccinations and clean water.
Additionally, the Organisation wants to improve the education and lifestyle of the people living in townships by teaching them life skills, such as vegetable gardening and woodwork. These skills allow the people to create employment and therefore instill responsibility for them to take care of themselves, their families and their animals.
The Lucky Lucy Foundation also is a shelter and there are many dogs and cats waiting for a warm, lovely home. Thez have been rescued from severe neglect , they had no hope left . Show them how wonderful life can be, be there miracle!These creatures are "no hope left" animals; the ones with no chances left, that have no hope for the future and who need a miracle.
If you have the patience and enthusiasm to keep up with a bundle of energy, then a cute, playful kitten is perfect for you. Their big, curious eyes will melt your heart, and they will never resist a cuddle.
If you want a wise and relaxed kitty, then an older cat would be best. Older cats are usually already litter trained and have been neutered. Senior cats are an excellent choice for senior humans, and will not get into mischief when working persons are away from the home. They will be very grateful and will, in return, become an excellent friend that will share your laughter, your tears, and their heart.
- Featured FurKidz ;We are looking for YOU!!!!
- Featured Furkidz - Charlene needs your help!
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable cats need your help!
- Featured FurKidz: We are what you need!
- Featured Furkidz: Ark Animal Centre New Arrivals
- AACL Epping: From Us To You
- Featured Furkidz - HAWS: Take Us With You!
- Featured Furkidz - PETS: We Have A Dream
- A Home - That's What We Need
- Big Boys & Girls waiting for their saviours
- Featured Furkidz: 4 Paws' Cuties
- Featured FurKidz: Puppies in need for a new home
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Boys n' Girls at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Stellenbosch Sweethearts!
- Featured FurKidz: Baby Pups at Lucky Lucy!
- Today's Feature: Our Little Sausages
- Featured FurKidz: Wetnose Woofies
- Featured FurKidz: AACL EPPING Doggies
- Featured FurKidz: Special Spaniels
- Featured FurKidz: New Faces at the AWS Philippi
- Featured FurKidz: Hermanus Animal Welfare
- Featured FurKidz: Boxer Babies Looking For Love!
- Featured FurKidz: AWS Helderberg's New Arrivals
- Featured FurKidz: Adorable Pups at AnimalAction
- Featured FurKidz: Lucky Lucy's KittyCats
- Featured FurKidz: Husky Rescue Gauteng
- Featured FurKidz: KPH Cutie Pies!
- Featured FurKidz: AWS Stellenbosch Sweethearts
- Featured FurKidz: 2nd Chance Pups and Kittens!
- Featured FurKidz: Boys n' Girls at HAWS
- Featured FurKidz: Our Gentle Giants
- Featured FurKidz: Jumping Jacks
- Featured FurKid: Wetnose's Golden Oldies
- Featured FurKidz: PETS Puppies
- Featured FurKidz: Wrinkly Wonders
- Featured FurKidz: Golden Oldies
- Featured FurKidz: Bouncy Border Collies
- Featured FurKidz: All the better to hear you with
- Featured FurKidz: Wanted: A warm and loving lap
- Featured FurKidz: The Painted Dogs of Africa
- Featured FurKidz: Ginger Cats
- Featured FurKid: Our Stunning Shepherds
- Featured FurKidz: Tortoiseshell Cats
- Featured FurKidz: Get active with our Boxers
- Featured FurKidz: Purrrr-fectly in Fashion
- Featured FurKidz: Our Special Spaniels
- Featured FurKidz: Water Babies
- Featured Furkidz: No home, no owner, will love for free
- Featured FurKidz: Short Legs, Big Hearts